Saturday 13 April 2013

Surrounded in Mist


This is my first attempt at some Fine Art landscape photography. Its based on the theme of "beauty" and even though the image is not stereotypically beautiful, I think the minimal and gentle elements that the mist has lent to the image give it a beauty that is entirely its own.

I've been looking at quite a few artistic movements for inspiration and the ones that I believe have influenced this image the most include Romanticism, Postmodernism and a touch of Surrealism. If you have any thoughts about the photo above then please do let me know! It would be great to add some comments to my project journal!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly :) I love this picture and I love mist, it is so gentle like you say, I have just used mist in a film I'm making as I think it looks so good on camera. What I would love to do is put people, silhouetted dancing in the mist, would just be magical! xxx

Unknown said...

Thanks Lois :) You must send me a link to your finished film, I'd love to see it! xxx

Anonymous said...

Sure :) Will be ready in a months time. I love your website btw I need to make one at some point! xxx

Unknown said...

Great! I can't wait! :) Thank you, it was fun to design and make haha. I love this kind of thing. xxx

Lissey said...

Ohh I love your blog and I love photography <3 Do you wanna follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Lookbook or Facebook? Let mi know :) xoxo :*
Blog Lissey
Lissey on Bloglovin
Lissey on Facebook
<3

Unknown said...

Ok...not only is this photo beautiful but... it's like the longer I look at it...more things appear!! At first you see the mist and the green grass...then you notice a slight tree line to the left upper corner. Then you suddenly realize there is a whole tree line across the photo!! It's like it a movie all wrapped up in a photo!! It's AWESOME!! You did a wonderful job capturing this!!

my blog: www.aandfphotos.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Blogging tips