Tuesday 23 April 2013

Retouching Practice


Hi everyone, guess who hasn't dropped off the side of the planet! I have a tonne of deadlines happening around this time and I would be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out of my brain, but thankfully today I found some time to do some personal work, and wasn't it lovely! Its been quite a while since I did any retouching work and since I'm considering it as a possible career path, I thought it was due time to get more practice done. I downloaded this photo from here and it was quite enjoyable to work on. I haven't done a great deal of hair retouching before so this gave me a chance to give it a proper go, I also tried painting in hair and eyelashes which I think has worked really well here. Overall, I'm really pleased with the final image! I was able to spend enough time on it to keep my mind off of deadlines but it wasn't too long that it felt tedious. I'd recommend this image if you'd like to spend 2-3hrs retouching.

3 comments:

Batty said...

Ooh this is real beautiful! Inspires me to give this image a go.

Isabella said...

This looks fantastic Kelli!
Loving your blog (especially the design, it makes my jaw drop open..every time),
Isabella x
http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

Isabella said...

PS. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award..more details here! http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/the-liebster-blog-award.html

Post a Comment

Blogging tips