Monday 18 March 2013

What's in my Camera Bag?





1 : CANON 60D DSLR - I bought this camera to replace my old 450D about this time last year and I'm so glad I have it! It feels heavier and bulkier than the 450D but it has a lot more features so its understandable. My two favourite features are that it can shoot HD film which is fun for little film projects and it has a screen that can be rotated so I can easily see what's happening when taking self-portraits! [buy here]




2: CANON LENS EF 50MM 1:1.8 II - This is probably my favourite lens! Its a dinky little thing but it stops all the way down to 1.8 which means its can create absolutely wonderful bokeh. I also really like having a prime lens because it makes me think more about the kind of shot that I want, and to work out the best position to take an image from. Its made of plastic instead of metal so it feels cheaper, but it still does the job the same as a more expensive lens. [buy here]




3: CANON ZOOM LENS EF-S 55-250MM 1:4-5.6 IS - In all honesty I haven't used this lens very much at all, in fact it was only recently that I rediscovered it so now its in my camera bag. Would be great for portraits and a good budget lens to get yourself started with some wildlife photography. [buy here]




4: CANON ZOOM LENS EF-S 18-55MM 1:3.5-5.6 IS - This is my oldest lens and was part of the kit I received with my 450D back in the day, haha. I still use this lens all the time though, its great for the shots that my 50mm can't take. I always take it on a shoot as a back-up lens because of it versatility, it literally can be used for anything, haha. [buy here]




5: LENSBABY COMPOSER PRO - My latest lens, which I received as a gift for my birthday last year, is more of a fun lens rather than a professional one. It allows you to creatively blur your photos but keep one part of the image in focus, the sweet spot! You can manipulate the sweet spot to anywhere in your image so it is brilliant for making creative shots just a little bit different. [buy here]




6: CANON REMOTE SHUTTER RS-60E3 - This is a lifesaver! I could not live without a remote shutter because I love doing creative self-portraits and it makes long exposures a breeze to take. This is my absolute necessity! [buy here]




7: CANON SPEEDLITE 270EX - A small, compact flash with plenty of punch to it. Really handy to have in my bag for when lighting conditions could use a gentle boost, [buy here]




8: CLOSE UP FILTERS - I bought a cheap set from eBay but there are similar set out there. Really handy for increasing the magnification of your lens for some quick and cheap macro-esque shots. [buy similar]


So that's what is in my camera bag at the moment! I do have other cameras such as various film cameras, my "everywhere-everything" camera, and a collection of vintage cameras too so if you're interested in seeing them then drop me a comment saying so :) I hope this was an interesting post!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm dying for the lensbaby! And I'd totally love to know what "vintage" cameras you have! I'm looking to expand I'm that area! Lol!

Diane :)
Fromdianetoyou.com

Unknown said...

Haha, I only have "cheap" vintage cameras and the majority don't work but they're lovely things to collect. I'll see if I can gather them all together to get some photos done :)

Post a Comment

Blogging tips