Friday 15 March 2013

Kindle Book Cover Review


I've never done a review before so please bear with me! Today I'm going to attempt to review my new Kindle cover! Its a handmade book inspired case made with traditional book binding techniques by Patsonscase from Etsy. It was handmade here, in the UK, and retails for £20 with £5 postage and packing (worldwide!) Here's how Patsonscase describes it:
Using traditional bookbindery techniques our resident professional bookbinder crafts beautiful covers to protect the Amazon Kindle. Unlike other cases, each piece of material is individually cut and each gold detail is hand tooled. We believe them to be works of art!

The case is covered with a beige book cloth and has brown faux leather wingtip corners and spine. The spine has raised bands just like an antique book and is finished with gold detailing. Inside, the case is lined with a wipeable grey natural cotton fabric.
Inside, your Kindle is gripped with a specially formed thermo - plastic sleeve which keeps the device firmly in place whilst protecting it from bumps and scrapes. Cut outs in the sleeve allow access to all ports and buttons. Patsons case will also include a free screen protector with every purchase made!



Now for the review!

When I first opened the box to this I was initially astounded by the very fine quality, I cannot stress enough how beautiful the craftsmanship of this case is.. it literally blew my mind! It was just like holding a small book in my hands, except when I opened it up there were no pages but instead a secure-looking cradle to hold my beloved kindle.

The first thing I did was to obviously slide my kindle into the case to check the fit. It slided in easy enough and was hugged safely and securely in the cradle, all buttons are still functional and not too hard to work, though they do require more force as the buttons are technically covered. There is a cut-out at the bottom of the cradle to allow you to access the charging port, which is great because the kindle can be protected and charged at the same time!

Once the kindle was inside I gave it a general look over, it adds some weight but that just makes it feel more like a good book, it is definitely not too heavy to hold one-handed for extended periods of time. It can be laid out on a table so it is flat or you can bend the front cover behind the back without harming the case, which allows you to hold it with one hand easier. It is very sturdy and robust, there is no way to bend the front or back of the case which means no broken kindle horror stories, hooray! It also doesn't scratch easily, after throwing it into my bag and taking it everywhere there were no visible scratches to be found unlike my pencil case or previous kindle case which are now pickled in scratches! 

All in all I am exceedingly impressed with this case and will undoubtedly use it for a very long time, it is just what I was looking for and wanted and I love how every case is handmade just for you so it really does feel special!


Check out the Patsonscase Shop here and his profile here.. if you want to see the listing for this case then click here!

1 comments:

Patsonscase said...

Just stumbled across this review of our case. We love your website and are really pleased with the feedback! We have now ventured into the world of wooden interiors and a new range of coverings for our new collection. Feel free to check out our new website www.patsonscase.com.

Much Love,

Patsons HQ

Post a Comment

Blogging tips