Tuesday 12 March 2013

Piece of Cake!



After completing some more food photography for local business, Stacey's Cakes, I believe I am starting to get the hang of shooting on location at the client's house. Every time I visit I have a firmer idea of what I want the images to look like, what kind of lighting conditions to expect, and what the most effective equipment to bring would be. 

After shooting at her house several times now, I do believe that certain looks are being repeated as I am beginning to exhaust the different image possibilities so in order to "freshen" the images I believe I will look to adding more props and changing backdrops. She has been commissioned to bake a Hello Kitty cake and a Spiderman cake so for these, I would like to implement small children's toys to work with the playfulness of the type of cake. By placing these toys as part of the image's composition, I hope it will give it more impact and reiterate the fact that its a child's cake. For different backdrops I'm thinking of looking around for scrap wood that I could use for a surface to put food on, once it has been cleaned, painted, distressed, and finishing touches are made to it they should be ready for shoots. Ultimately, I would like three different surfaces, one painted white and distressed, another painted or stained an ash colour and distressed, and a final one stained with a dark colour and maybe distressed. This way I have different options to choose depending on the look of the cake and the ultimate mood I want the final image to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips