Monday 18 February 2013

First Food Photo Shoot!



I finally got round to doing a bit of food photography thanks to a friend of mine who is starting her own home-based cake baking business! We made a deal where I could practice doing my food photography on her cakes/cupcakes, then we could both use the images and she threw in a box of cupcakes like the one above into the deal too! So here is my first shot, I stuck with very simple styling so it wouldn't distract your full attention from the cupcake and I went for a three quarters angle because then you could see all of the cupcake, the small bowl of buttons and glass of milk. I used the natural lighting coming in from the nearby window and used some white foamboard to bounce the light onto some of the harsher shadows to create a soft look. 

Any constructive criticism would be amazing, thank you!

2 comments:

Lauren Ashley said...

Yum - looks delicious!

Unknown said...

@Lauren Ashley

Thank you, it really tasted amazing! :)

Post a Comment

Blogging tips